Congratulations to all the high school graduates in 2020 and 2021. The pandemic did not allow us to celebrate the 2020 graduates, but we would like to acknowledge and celebrate you this year. Life after high school looks different for everyone, and you could be considering work, trade school, college, certification training, apprenticeship, etc. We would like to contribute to your educational and professional goals to lead to future success.
We commend you on taking this step in advancing your educational and professional goals. While we rely solely on the donations from family and friends, we cannot guarantee any set amount that you may be awarded. Our aim is to help curb some of your expenses and to make a small difference in your endeavors.
The Robert “Big Bob” Ealy Family Scholarship application must be received via email or mail no later than July 10, 2021. The winner(s) of the scholarship will be announced during the virtual reunion on July 24, 2021.
We want to urge our Ealy Family members to contribute to the Robert “Big Bob” Ealy Family Scholarship. Donations will help build the fund and thereby increase the number of scholarships available for our Ealy Family high school seniors.
If there are any questions or additional information needed, please feel free to contact Nacsha Ealy Green at 313.308.6655 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the Robert “Big Bob” Ealy Scholarship, you must meet all of the following requirements:
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent during the 2020 or 2021 school year.
- Applicant must be a descendant of Robert “Big Bob” Ealy and can explain their lineage from him.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Applicant must complete of all requested items below.
PLEASE SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
1. Submit a personal statement – a brief description of yourself that includes your career goals and personal aspirations.
2. A recent photograph
3. Explain how you are a descendant of Robert “Big Bob” Ealy of Leake County, Mississippi.
4. Write at least a 1-page essay. Choose from one of the topics listed below (a-e):
- The Robert “Big Bob” Ealy Family lineage or any individual Ealy family member
- What the Ealy Family Reunion means to you
- The Importance of Continuing the Ealy Family Reunions
- What will you do in the future to sustain the legacy of the Robert “Big Bob” Ealy Family Reunion?
- What have you learned by attending the previous reunions that will bring lifelong lessons and memories?
5. The Ealy Family Scholarship Committee would like to get to know you better. Please answer the following questions/statements:
- Describe your academic and/or career plans to achieve the goals listed in your personal statement.
- What is the motivation behind your goals?
- What activities did you participate while in high school? (ex. sports/clubs/work/service)
- List any offices held, or honors received in these activities.
- List any academic honors you have received.
- List any community involvement that you participated in during high school or currently.
Send completed application via USPS or via e-mail at Nacsha79@gmail.com.